It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:06 pm

The Coming Zombie Invasion

For topics that don't seem to fit anywhere else!

Moderator: Board Members

• Author

OneEye589

PostMon Jun 18, 2007 9:23 pm

We all know it’s inevitable, I was actually contemplating putting this into the "Events" section for convenience. The Gates of Hell will open and spew forth the dead, hungry for flesh. It will happen, but what will we do about it?

As we were all born to play Call of Duty, doesn’t it pose the question of “Were we born to kill zombies?â€

OneEye589

PostMon Jun 18, 2007 9:24 pm

Residence

Several people have suggested The Shelmedine’s when the invasion comes. Now, I am not fully acquainted with Andrew, or not enough to make a decision, but do you really think if you came to his door with zombies afoot that he would let you in? No offense to Andrew, as it is a great plan to kill everyone, but we best not tread on ground that belongs to another.

A better plan is for you to either zombie-proof your house or make a plan with another to have a meeting place. This is a list of requirements for a zombie proof abode:

- No giant picture windows
For obvious reasons.
- Two stories or more
Zombies are probably not the best climbers. I would also rather go up if zombies got into my house than underground, I could jump faster than I could dig.
- A cellar
A place for storage other than the actual house area. You do not want your living area to be cluttered while you’re fending off zombies.
- Lots of barrier-building and zombie-repelling materials.
Such as tables, hammers and nails, weapons.

As long as you can find a well-defended place, you’ll be fine.

Area is a big deal for this as well. We aren’t very close to a city, several of us are in a populated area, such as Teri and Mr. Scoville, but for the most part, we should be okay for the amount of zombies. Those Redfieldians will no doubt be driving around with their hunting rifles and four-wheelers, killing anything moving within sight. We just have to make sure to stay inside when they come driving through.

OneEye589

PostTue Jun 19, 2007 6:26 pm

Another one to maybe get this going a bit more…

Weapons

So Zombie Survival Guide says that the best weapon for battling zombies is probably a crowbar. It meets several needs; stabbing and blunt force attacks. These are both good to have for different situations. It also meets the needs of several other areas. It’s silent; as to not draw more attention to yourself and it has utility uses. It’s nice to have a weapon that could take the space of two tools, because it can open up doors and take nails out, it serves this purpose very well.

But I have the problem of it being so close range. So long range weapons are nice, but not a necessity. They usually take ammunition that will be sadly “wastedâ€
Last edited by OneEye589 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Viking_Czar

PostTue Jun 19, 2007 10:09 pm

Wow my house seems safe in one respect and completely screwed in another. I have French doors, no second story and a picture window, but I also have mass amounts of weapons: several shotguns and rifles, several crowbars, many shovels, two sledge hammers, an ax, a hatchet, a cellar, and reloading materials for the shotguns, and the stuff to board up windows with sheet metal, and lots of knives. Plus lots of canned food. I think that I will make a legend out of myself, but I won't be alive to know about it.

Calibur_

Retired Member

PostWed Jun 20, 2007 9:58 am

You are entirely too concerned about zombies, and not nearly concerned enough about velociraptors.
XOXO,
Tarianna
Eelskin Darby the Flatulent, scourge of The Harbor

Resident English Nazi
<O/
o/ o/ o/ SIEG HEIL! \o \o \o

OneEye589

PostWed Jun 20, 2007 10:50 am

Well, I'll just have to make another thread on the dangers of a pending dinosaur attack then, won't I?

Velociraptor entry points.

OneEye589

PostSat Jun 30, 2007 6:40 am

Self-Defense vs. Zombies

Ethan says chainmail. I say otherwise.

Chainmail is technically a good choice, but it has some flaws. It's heavier than needed. It does have good maneuverability, but there could be better. It is not as readily available as other objects. I'm sure you couldn't go into many post-zombie invasion stores and find chainmail. It also does not protect your legs as much.

My suggestion is the dirtbike or four-wheeler armor. It's hard plastic, covers the main points, but not the joints, which leaves better movement. It's a lot lighter than mail, and you can get leg armor, as well.

If you're looking for more mobility; dirtbike armor. More withstanding power; chainmail.

For neck coverage, get a strip of leather or some such thing and wear it around your neck. A fashionable leather scarf.

Heads don't need much protecting, as they're hard to actually gnaw on.

I'll probably put more later.
Last edited by OneEye589 on Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nope

PostSat Jun 30, 2007 10:38 am

It's hard plastic, covers the main points, but not the voices

Uhm? I think that must be a typo or there's another meaning for voices that I am not aware of. Anyway I think this thread is awesome, I'm not hating, just proofreading. I'm an English kid, its what I do. :]

OneEye589

PostSat Jun 30, 2007 11:38 am

Nope wrote:
It's hard plastic, covers the main points, but not the voices

Uhm? I think that must be a typo or there's another meaning for voices that I am not aware of. Anyway I think this thread is awesome, I'm not hating, just proofreading. I'm an English kid, its what I do. :]

Yea, that was supposed to be JOINTS, but apparently I shouldn't post a new subject at 6:40 AM after Call of Duty and no sleep.

Fixed so all you people don't go looking for your voices on your anatomy charts.

Viking_Czar

PostSat Jun 30, 2007 7:08 pm

I think the best place to go would be an island zombies would be easy to take on on an island. Can zombie's swim??

OneEye589

PostSat Jun 30, 2007 8:27 pm

Aye Josh, environmental residence will be the next section after I think about the self-defense portion a bit more.

Something to look at that's pretty neat:
Zombie Infection Simulation

The Prophet

PostSun Jul 01, 2007 12:26 am

[font=Georgia]Holy cow that's a lot of Zombie info, are quoting the Zombie Survival guide thingy?[/font]
Fart sound

OneEye589

PostSun Jul 01, 2007 12:12 pm

I have some information that I know is included in the Zombie Survival Guide, but to be honest, I've never read it.

Viking_Czar

PostTue Jul 03, 2007 9:59 pm

Well at least small towns seem to be ok for a long time. Thats gives us a large advantage over cities.

Praetorian

Board Member

PostMon Jul 09, 2007 10:05 am

No way man. No offense, but dirtbike armor is a terribly bad idea. Yeah, it covers the vitals, but you don't wanna cover the vitals. You want to cover EVERYTHING! Because everyone in the world knows that when you get bitten by a zombie anywhere you become one. I'm really thinking either complete and total plate mail, or a forcefield of multiplying meat.....yeah.
-Trevor's Angry Cupcake-

"I'm telling you, people who eat pickles are nice people!"
-Short Guard (FF9)

=[PD813]=
Next

Return to Generally Random Discussion